Volunteering is a great way to support the farm and learn about lavender care. Schedule a date for your school aged children to work for SSL hours, call for more information.
For adults we offer several ways to thank our volunteers, join us for four hours volunteer work and receive a gift of a lavender essential oil candle.
Or volunteer for four hours and receive an invitation to a farm dinner! Bring your friends to volunteer and enjoy a dinner together, dinner will be scheduled once we have 14 participants. Call to arrange.
Visiting the Farm
- During the 2017 season there is no entry fee while we are working on expanding our lavender fields.
- Please see the hours page for more info.
- If you’d like to schedule a visit for groups larger than 15 please call in advance.
- No pets are allowed on the farm and cannot be left in vehicles.
- If you are accompanying children to the farm, they must stay close to you at all times.
- Any actions that may harm plants or animals will not be permitted.
- The use of butterfly nets, or other bug collection implements, as well as frisbees, or other toys/games that involve throwing anything are not permitted on the farm.
- There is a no-smoking policy on the farm.
- No alcohol is permitted (with the exception of permitted events).
Thank you for your courtesy!
Pick Your Own
Picking your own lavender is a highlight of visiting our farm during peak bloom in June through the second week in July. Since bloom dates vary year to year, we post dates once we see the progress of the flowers. Bunches are determined by the size of a twist-tie for $10 each. Must be 12 years or older, and must be accompanied by a parent, not an appropriate activity for younger children.
About Our Bees
Sunny days fill the lavender with bees, this may seem intimidating. Not to worry—almost immediately you’ll see how bees are calmed by lavender just like we are! Moving with ease and refraining from swatting will keep them content and easygoing! Of course, if you have a bee allergy, take the necessary precautions.
We are excitedly awaiting the July honey harvest, Lavender Honey will be available by the end of July, you can pre-order by buying on our website.
Soleado Lavender Farm is open on weekends and select days seasonally. Our season runs May – July, closed during August, open again in September – November. All open dates are weather dependent, please check the website or call before you visit if there is any question about the weather.