We offer a variety of ways to experience the farm: tours, art classes, yoga workshops, photography outings, and special events. Check out our calendar for this season’s events!
- This event has passed.
June 24, 2017 Morning on the Lavender Farm Photography Workshop
June 24 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Imagine spending a morning photographing and spending time with other flower lovers on the largest lavender farm in Maryland!
Imagine yourself photographing among rows of lavender plants in full bloom. Smelling the wonderful aromas. Hearing the songbirds in the woods. Learning how to take better photographs from a professional flower photographer. Shopping for handmade luxury bath products created with lavender from the farm and for beautiful flower photographs.
You can do all this — and more – by joining me for one of my morning photography workshops at Soleado Lavender Farm in Dickerson, Maryland (less than an hour from DC).
The workshops will run from 8 – 11 AM. During that time, we’ll have a brief discussion of flower photography and then head into the lavender fields to photograph. I’ll be with you in the field all morning helping you create wonderful photographs.
I’ll be offering my Morning on the Lavender Farm workshops three times this summer.
The first workshop, on Wednesday May 31, is designed for people who photograph with a cell phone. All you need is a phone with a camera.
On Saturdays June 24 and July 8, we’ll be talking about photographing with a camera. You can use any camera from a simple point-and-shoot camera to the latest DSLR or mirrorless camera. If you have a macro lens and/or a tripod – bring them along. You may find them helpful for photographing during the workshop. But if you don’t have them, please DO NOT go out and purchase them just for this workshop.
Not sure if one of these workshops is right for you? Please contact me through my website.
Registration for any of the workshops is $ 75.00. Each workshop is limited to 15 students, so I can make sure I can give you the personalized attention you need.
Included in your workshop registration is
- A three-hour photography workshop at Soleado Lavender Farm with instruction provided by Patty Hankins of BeautifulFlowerPictures.com
- A copy of Patty’s ebook Wildflower Meditations: A Gift for the Spirit that features 90 of her wildflower photographs and 90 inspirational quotations
- A 10% off coupon for purchases at the Soleado Lavender Farm store
- A 10% off coupon for purchases of photographs, books and notecards from Patty Hankins
- An invitation to join a private Facebook Group for Patty Hankins’ workshop participants.
- You can always transfer your reservation to anyone else, at any time, with no penalty. Can’t attend? Send a spouse, friend or colleague in your place!
- You can transfer your workshop registration without charge to one of the other dates if space is available.
- We charge a $25 handling fee on all refunds (read #3 and #4 below).
- Prior to one week before the workshop you registered for, we will gladly refund the balance of fees you paid to us (less the $25 handling fee). We are not responsible for airfare or other expenses you may incur.
- Within one week of the workshop you registered for, there are no refunds.
Use the link below to register.
All photographs courtesy of Soleado Lavender Farm